Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Is She Coming Or Is She Not Coming?

Bigdog and I have been mulling over having a sitter over on a weekly basis until things settle down over here. (I.E: Mom's sanity levels + hormone's too)
So, it was definitely a sign when I came across an ad in our local towns paper that a "HS STUDENT IS LOOKING TO BABYSIT.."

The Pros:
  • She drives herself
  • She's CPR certified
  • Her references are impeccable
  • She's a former childcare assistant at a nearby Gym
  • She attends a good HS
  • She's a hardworking young adult

The Cons:

  • She's a Senior (which means college next year)
  • She works at a Restaurant after her three classes
  • She works at another mom's home Tuesdays & Thursdays

That being said, odds are, she'll burn herself out before she can even raise enough money for college. (That's her goal, to cover the college expense on top of scholarships which she is presently applying for)

We had her over for the first time Monday afternoon.
Arriving all prim and proper, hair in place, she was a sweetheart with our children.

Very attentive. Asked questions, and also repeated the directions I gave her. (signs of a great listener!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon my return exactly 4hours later:

  • Hair all over the place
  • A Tired bedraggled teenager had replaced the energetic senior.
  • The dishes were done.
  • The house was clean.

Her comment to me: "I told my mom, I don't know how you do it."

Uh-oh, not a good sign.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently Ben, our 7month old was, in her words, "hyper."

Hyper: wouldn't stop crying unless she held him which was during the dreaded bewitching hours. So, somehow she managed to prepare our older boys dinner while tending to a cranky baby.

We had arranged for her to be here on a weekly basis: Mondays and Wednesdays generally from 3:00 until 6:00pm. (that's usually when Bigdog gets home from work)

I can than go off and grocery shop, run errands, work for my father-anything that is almost impossible to do with three boys age 5 and under.

She's due to arrive today at 3pm.

So far I haven't heard anything from her yet.

I hope for my sake she returns.

From any of your own babysitting experiences, what do you think?

RETURN..?

Or,.............

NO SHOW..?

Figures, we get a great sitter, very involved with the children, and cleans up. (Actually works for the amount that we pay her) My instincts tell me not to hold my breath. I hope for once my instincts are wrong.

Welcome to crustybeef~
I am holding my breath anyhow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound hopeful.~