Monday, January 25, 2010

It happened again

Had a great evening Saturday. Went to our friends house and then the group of us headed out to the bowling alley. Great fun.

12:30AM arrives and we are at home after a fun filled evening.
Suddenly I end up, once again, really ill.
Except this time it was a vomit fest from 12:30 in the morning until 7:00am. Over 13times.
Naturally there was not any relief, unlike on some occasions after you throw up you have that sensation of "ah, my tummy isn't contracting anymore." Nope, not Saturday night.
Soon my TUBA ASS started it's song and like a colonoscopy prep, I knew we would be paying a visit to the ER.

By 7:00am I had exhausted all attempts to keep fluids and meds in and Brian took me to the ER.

Food Poisoning.
They thought.
So did I.
Got a nice burning shot in my tush, zofran by IV and a few bags of fluids and life felt better. I rejected any offers for narcotics because I didn't want my already weak tummy any weaker. They did suggest Adivan (sp) and although it's like the king of Valium. Come to find out when your stomach is cramping up and in a lot of pain, it actually can relieve the symptoms. So I agreed to it and every muscle within my body opened itself up to pure relaxation.

Food poisoning.

That's exactly what we all thought.
There were no blood draws or catscans. The only test was a pretty fecal test that will have results in a few days.

5hours later I'm able to go home.
Spent some time with my mother in law and Grandma in law who, by luck, happened to be in town visiting us, before crashing for the rest of the day. Remember, I had been up all night with absolutely zero zzz's. Just cold tiles pushed up against my tushie and a porcelain chill leaning on my pancakes.

Monday morning arrives, I wake up and BAM! Pam is here.

So, food poisoning? Not so sure anymore.

2nd opinions are not in the works starting with a call to a Gyne maven out at Rush on Michigan avenue downtown Chicago.


I'm out of ideas, answers and anything else.
Very frustrated and annoyed at not only the expense of this all, but all the time down from whatever this frustrating issue is.

There, off my toilet box.

What's new with you?


Cheryl said...

When you're sick, there's no fooling around. I can't even imagine what you're going through, and I'm sorry. Maybe the test results will show something? I hope you've been through the worst of it. Hugs, friend.

Moohaa said...

Yikes lady. Sounds like hell. I'd definitely see if there is some kind of correlation. You don't need to be going through this anymore.

Hugs and waterfalls!

Jamie said...

Oh sure have a bad case of something. I feel so bad for you, it isn't like you have time for this. Ugh. Hang in. Don't stop until you have answers. Hugs. Lots of hugs. :)

Gypsy said...

Ugh...that sounds dreadful Elizabeth and I hope someone can help you with answers. Feel better soon honey.

Golden To Silver Val said...

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. The answer is somewhere....its just finding it. Find a specialist in that field and...even though I know it doesn't thrill you....start getting the tests done to find out what's wrong. Don't put it off just cause you feel better. Although it COULD have just been food poisoning or even a 24 hr. flu, no? I will remember you in my prayers, dear friend. Big hugs and God Bless.

Happyone :-) said...

Oh my goodness, you poor thing!! I am so sorry and sorry I have no ideas for you. I can't imagine what you are going through. I sure hope you can find some answers.

We've been working on the house. Changing things around and now have started painting. Starting with the living room.

KathyA said...

Oh dear God! How horrible!