Friday, February 09, 2007

Progress and Regress

My 7month old won't sleep at night.
More on that in a later blog.
I'd welcome any suggestions.

My 2year old attempts to push my buttons in ways I didn't know possible. Just when you think you've got a break through,WHAMO!!
Another issue pops up.

My 5year old brought home his progress report.. GREAT SCORES! All 3's!!(meaning he meets grade level standards)

As far as his social and emotional development, motor development, Work habits, and Life skills, they're judged as the following:

  • / Meets expectations
  • N In need of Improvement
  • I Improving

Unfortunately I should probably cancel any prepaid college fund for him because,....drumroll....he received an I for:

  • "COLORS WITHIN DESIGNATED SPACES." (Motor Development)
  • "LISTENS WITH SKILL AND COURTESY" (Work habits)
  • "WORKS IN A NEAT, ORDERLY MANNER" (Work Habits)
  • "SHOWS SELF-CONTROL" (Social and emotional Development)
The remaining? "MEETS EXPECTATIONS."

I guess I can count on enabling him for the rest of his life. Sigh, my dreams of him being a successful college grad with a knack for housework and marriage are suddenly diminishing.

Suggestions are welcome as to how to better his chances.
Have a fabulous weekend.
I hope you've enjoyed the show.

Welcome to Crustybeef~
I am not a bandwagon freak show, therefore you won't see the latest entertainment tragedy on this particular blog. Surprised?
Keep reading, you'll understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not what I expected; however, jackson will be just fine..

Anonymous said...

hey! An "I" can be a positive thing.."improving" with the "ing" means he is in the process of getting better. Dad used to tell us he liked to see "improving" on our report cards. Jackson is a great little kid and will get better and better. Plus, school isn't everything. I used to be in remedial reading and turned out fine! Be happy...happy happy happy happy :)