Monday, May 21, 2007

Chirp Chirp Prevention

We buy a new bird feeder every winter.
We always hung it near the garden and filled it with seed.
Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the fence, roof, bushes ...everywhere.
Then some of the birds turned mean: They would dive bomb me or the dog and try to peck us even though we had fed them out of our own pockets.

Other birds were boisterous and loud.
They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.
After a while, we didn't want to go near our own garden anymore.

I finally took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone.
I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they'd made in the hedges and trees.
Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let's see...our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care, free education, and allows anyone born here to be a automatic citizen.Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands.Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small homes are housing 5 families, you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor,and perhaps your kid's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English:

Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box (and so do most things at Home Depot and Menard's), I have to press "one" to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and bitching in the streets I paid for, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

No, last week, the Congress agreed that the uninvited 'birds' and their feeders can stay with almost no punishment for ruining our serenity.

This is another reason I no longer call myself a Republican.

*The following story was sent by My very insightful, bright and witty Uncle. He is very passionate about his beliefs and I welcome every bit of knowledge that he provides me with to help me grasp the current state this country is in. His honesty is overwhelming. If only everyone could put politics as simply as he just did.

Thank you UD for your permission to post this story. I hope that others will take something from this particular post regardless of their political beliefs.

Welcome to crustybeef~
I'm glad that my Monday morning started off with an easier understanding of how this country is headed for complete destruction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand how your uncle feels. Great post.

austere said...

Its a country of immigrants, no? and America is the great shining dream, so how can you change that?