UD was gone on vacation last week.
He picked a great time to head out.
The weather was calm and warm.
The roads getting their yearly check up construction repave-every highway it seems.
While I was back home entertaining Bigdogg's mother and grandma for 5 days, UD (my uncle) was traveling by motor vehicle with his wife, my Aunt Suzie.
While he was gone, his daughter caught a nasty bug. His daughter was ill, poor gal. She has three children ages 4, 2 and newborn 4months, and has her hands full. Just a cold at first, it turned into bronchial drama's later on. She's sleep deprived, nursing deprived, and sick. That's a horrible combination for a woman.
I was hoping to help her, but I was so consumed with my visitors, I wasn't even able to get out and help myself-except for one Starbucks run-but even that turned into a burning mission.
So, I had to chuckle when I read my UD's email about all that he accomplished while on his vacation:
The Lethal Lady and I returned from a week of visiting:
1) Cahokia Mounds (Collinsville, Il)
2) Onondaga Caves (Leasburg, Mo)
3) Ft. Leonard Wood Museums (Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo)
4) Harley-Davidson factory (Kansas City, Mo)
5) Jim the Wonder Dog memorial (Marshall, Mo)
6) Kansas City Royals game (Kansas City, Mo)
7) Museum of Dogs (Town & Country, Mo)
8) World War I museum (Kansas City, Mo)
9) Fantastic Caverns (Springfield, Mo)
10) Truman's home (Independence, Mo)
11) Kansas City Zoo (Kansas City, Mo)
12) Al's fraternity dinner (Des Moines, Ia)
Somehow she survived being with me and I endured being with her 24/7 for nine days.
I survived being with my mil and gma-il all week as well.
We didn't visit caves, nor did we dine in fraternity halls, but we had ribs, and Red Lobster-Jackson's choice, not mine.
We walked around our little downtown the morning of last Friday, the day they were due to leave.
We stopped and had lunch at EGG HARBOR Cafe, and I just have to say that their egg salad sandwich was delicious. It had bacon, tomato's, and the taste of the buttered toasted bread was something out of this world.
I'm back as UD is, and ready to settle back into my normal routine.
We all survived.
Welcome To Crustybeef~