Monday, November 19, 2007

ABBA MEME!

1. What were you afraid of as a child?
hmm, let me sip my Monday morning coffee and try and think back about my fears as a child..'sssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh' well, I would have to say quite a few: 1. The little red in-my-nightmares devil at the foot of my parents stairs, 2. worrying about my parents ending their marriage (they didn't and are still together after 34years) 3.not being liked by my friends, 4. getting a spanking from dad with the belt, 5. losing my parents -my mom especially.
Those were my silly childhood fears.



2. When have you been most courageous?
When I tried out for the Nutcracker, and tried out for a dancing Company
I would have to say at many different points in my life.
Childbirth would be one X3.
Skydiving another.
Leaving my family behind to move to Florida.
Leaving my family to live on my own at the age of 19.
Ending the ability to have more children.
Standing up for myself and my emotions whether I believed I was wrong or right.
Walking and literally moving away from a disastrous relationship at the ripe age of 19-ACS saved me!!
Making decisions I knew that others wouldn't approve of, but I still had to "see it" for myself.
Having a child when I knew that I was going into it as a single parent.-Terrifying to me, but I wasn't going to allow myself to think too far ahead otherwise I might just have lost my mind (family and best friends were the greatest saving graces ever during that rough patch)



3. What sound most disturbs you?
nails on a chalkboard, teeth grinding, and bad-POOR!!!- eating habits..Oh, and when other children (because naturally mine never annoy me-sure!) scream and cry and grow anxious and disruptive and talk back to their parents in the company of my children and I. That and potty mouths in front of my children. I'm allowed to talk snotty, but I am careful not to do it in front of my boys..



4. What is the greatest amount of pain you have been in?
Having my heart break and not being able to stop it from happening, or control it.
childbirths.
After Sullivan was born my spine was pierced and I was leaking cerebral spinal fluid, which brought on smashing headaches, sight loss, and serious sickness..awful awful time-I was very lucky the doc's said they caught it in time.
car accidents.
when mourning the life of a family member or friend that has passed away

5. What's your biggest fear for your own children (or children in general if you don't have children of your own)?
That they will grow up and not have religious faith running within their Heart and Soul


6. What is the hardest physical challenge you have achieved?
Childbirth
Oh and stopping smoking not because I am pregnant, but just because.


7. Which do you prefer: Mountains or oceans/big water?
laying on the sands of a beach overlooking the big waters while the Summits of God's Shoulders gaze out in the distance. So, both!


8. What is the one thing you do for yourself that helps you keep everything together?
I very much prefer to put others before me..I know it can be a recipe for problems, to get walked on as I wear my heart out on my sleeve, but that is me and it keeps me moving.



9. Ever had a close relative or friend with cancer?
Sigh, yes-too many.



10. What are the things your friends count on you for?
I would hope for a listening ear, for a continuous friendship even when opinions differ, trust, and unconditional love..they may say that along with humor and fun! :)

11. What is the best part about being in a committed relationship?
Growth and togetherness. That and not being paranoid to say that I have just clogged your toilet.

12. What is the hardest part about being in a committed relationship?
If it doesn't "work." after the vested love and interest that was put into it.

13. Summer or Winter? Why?
Summer for barefoot walking, and Winter for my birthday, and Holidays! I like both. I enjoy change.

14. Have you ever been in a school yard fight? Why and what happened?
Nope,..I've been ridiculed by former peers, I've been teased about not "having, or not knowing," I've been called "stupid," or "dumb" or "ignorant," I've been labeled because of my fish lips, or freckles, but never physical.
-with the exception of that past ex when I was in my 18-19.5ish years..but that wasn't a schoolyard, that was a "whenever he wanted" yard. I was the school yard, his fists and whatevers were the fight. Eventually I grew up and learned is what the outcome was. He went on to be successful in gov't protection work, being included in the upper crust of California Celebrities and Washington DC govt. "workers." Spending money to travel and be with the "Who's Who in Hollywood." It actually makes me laugh to think about the twists of it all. Lucky for him, I would never sell out who he is, nor sell out his past to the public for payback or $$$..Too classy of a broad for that. My only wondering is, how did he cover up the restraining orders and police report(s) when moving on? Crafty, but I know that My faith has me protected, and he only has one person he'll have to answer to.
I have forgiven him.

15. Why blog?
Very simple! Because the more I write, the more I reflect, and the more I reflect, the more I gain knowledge of my inner self..Which is a marvelous lesson. Learning more about me, is something I welcome and embrace.

Welcome To Crustybeef~
I won't tag any of you just because I think the majority of you have completed this rather fine meme. But feel free to copy the questions and put them in your blog, send them out in email, or answer them here in the comment field. I also enjoy learning about all my friends!

As to my recovery..well, BLUSH ALERT-I still haven't done the "doodie" but typical as many friends pointed out due to the pain meds. I am having some issues, maybe hernia..we're not sure. But my belly as road mapped as it is from war wounds of childbearing, gallbladder marks, appendix marks, belly ring scars, and now this, but since the gas is all since left the "building," my tummy still has taken on a really strange change. As if my tummy has had a stroke, and half of it is hanging, while near the navel, there is a strange jello like bubble...like I said, maybe a hernia? Not sure..Doc will know as I plan on calling her later on.
Time to go back and rest.
Thank you ABBAGIRL for sending this to me!
Happy Monday!!

8 comments:

SOUL said...

broken hearts are the worst.
hope you are feelin better by the minute

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

SOULIE!!!yup! But time does heal the open wounds..scars remain to teach us right? Happy monday! Hope you're having a better day!!
Always,
Crusty~

Portia said...

Awesome answers, Crusty! Your posts read with a very energetic crusty voice to them, I love it! I thought this meme got great answers ut of everybody. And a big huge YAY for ACS, whoever, whatever, or wherever it may be!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy said...

Love it. Thank YOU!

Cheryl said...

I'm still trying to work on mine. I definitely get an "F" in memes. I don't know why I just don't get down to it and just do it.

You're sounding much better. Sorry but I got a little giggle when you described your belly. The stroke part, that is. What did the doctor have to say? I had to stop with my pain meds for the reason you pointed out. Ya know?

Was it a good day for you?

Anonymous said...

yes it was good to read this...to know you better!

austere said...

Thank you for sharing. particularly the courage one. the replies have your voice, zest throughout.

Jamie said...

Wonderful answers crusty.