Saturday, July 03, 2010

Sully Six Pick Up Stix

My dear Sullivan, and for those of you that know us, you'll know how amazing his "Sullisms" are, turned 6 on Thursday.
July 1st. Sigh.

It's going too fast.
But not going fast enough.
Make any sense to you?

We didn't do anything big only because Jack and him left yesterday for Florida to spend a week with Grandma and Grandpa before we (Ben, Bri and I) join them.

From West Palm Beach we'll be heading up to North Caroline/Virginia for my best friend's wedding. It's a small affair. It will be a nice way to break up the trip home as, like I said, we're driving from here to Florida and from Florida there. I've never driven up that part of the way and am excited to see something new.

The wedding itself will be awesome as it's tucked away in Virginia-I'm pretty sure one of the towns around that area is Bristol. It will be a new adventure and with His hands I'm hoping we'll all make it home safe and sound.
So Sullivan is 6 now. When he and I went to pick out a cake for his birthday, the baker asked him what he wanted written on it. He said: "It's Sully's Birthday."

Cute, right? I know, he's awesome!

Except I had to ask him if he wanted the baker to include his age on the cake and have it written; "It's Sully's 6th Birthday. I'm pretty sure you all know where this is going.

Sully promptly replied: "Mom, that's what the candles are for."
Yet another classic Sullism that will very shortly be up on Facebook.

It was a nice day, far better then last years 5year old birthday for the poor guy. Having to dress up in blue protection gear and open up presents in mom-E's hospital room is definitely not something any child should have to do. Sadly, there are many, and for reasons far more important and tragic then just issues with colitis. But enough of the negatives.

He had a great day. He didn't get all that he asked for and he was OKAY!!! about it. Which made me very proud of how solid of a young lil man he's growing up to be. He even wanted to save all of his birthday money from different relatives. A great day for all.
I hope all of you that are celebrating the fourth of July have a wonderful, and safe weekend!


Welcome To Crustybeef~
When was the last time I put that up?

3 comments:

KathyA said...

Makes perfect sense to me! Enjoy them, Elizabeth!

happyone said...

A late Happy Birthday to Sully!!!
In answer to your question - I know exactly what you mean!! :-)

austere said...

Belated Happies,

Loved that candle comment.