Tuesday, January 05, 2010

"PEE UP PEE DOWN JUST PUT THE SEAT DOWN!"

The start of a new year.
Why do we always use this (and Yom Kippur) as an excuse to erase our slate? Why can't we improve ourselves without the Rise of Him, or without the Day Of Atonement? Not to mention the new Jewish New Year, and then the USA December 31st New Year? Why is it so hard to just improve ourselves every day?

I'm guilty of that. I use certain events and occasions that fall into our days, as an excuse to erase the slate and start over. But do I do that on regular days?

Nope.
Something I have to work on.

If you were to die and come back as a fly and end up in the below zero temps in a burb near Chicago...if you were to end up a fly, on a wall in a room... a wall in a room with three boys, a begging poochie and one mommy... this is what you would have "heard" this am with all your fly eyes (do flies have ears?):

"Don't let the dog kiss you, she has pee on her face."
"If you want to be wearing vagina's as little Virginia's, then please, continue to do your business the way you're doing it."


Suffice to say, it was a very long start to the morning.
Yes, I think my apostrophies are in the wrong place, too. Do I care? Not as much as you do.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Classic Crusty. And a happy new year to you.

Rebecca said...

You know, I read this post yesterday, and I had to think on it for a day or so... You said:
"I'm guilty of that. I use certain events and occasions that fall into our days, as an excuse to erase the slate and start over. But do I do that on regular days?

Nope.
Something I have to work on."

Your comment made me think...I do the same thing. Its always an event or circumstance that truly makes me think about the things I should change, or do...why is that? Why is it, that on an ordinary routine day, all seems well, or at least not enough "not well" to concern myself. I should work on that too. Thanks for provoking those thoughts in me.

austere said...

You sure have interesting mornings.

Some day, when you have the time, which is like impossible in a superfull house, please read "My Experiments with Truth" by Mahatma Gandhi.

It is time you read it, I think.