Wednesday, January 06, 2010

RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN YOU CAN'T CATCH ME...

I was all set to leave you visuals.
Visuals of MOVIPREP.
Visuals of Vaseline. Warm Wipes. Magazines. A Book. A glass of Warm water and a wash cloth.
I even took pictures.

But I am not going to make the upload on time.

You see, tomorrow, at 1:45 I will have my long awaited Colonoscopy and Upper GI. Today at 4pm I started the prep. 240ML of prep in 8oz every 15minutes. WOW!

As I said to my mom, "OH my gosh, it feels like I'm peeing out of my butt!"

Then I got sick. 2hours after the first 240ML.
I got sick again.
And again.
And again.

Not a good start to the prep. I'm supposed to start the 2nd 240ML 8oz every 15minutes at 8:00.
It's now 9:01 and unfortunately I'm still waiting for the anti vomit (zofran) settle my tummy, to kick in. I am worn out. I am dehydrated because no matter how much water I've drunk all day today, and how many sips of yellow Gatorade I've attempted to gargle, I can't keep things down.

So soon enough, I'll start the 2nd prep, and be prepared for a long night.

So, RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN, YOU CAN'T CATCH ME, I'M THE GASTRO-MAN!

*Lets hope he'll be able to do the test tomorrow. I don't want any clogged scopes.

7 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Oh my gosh this sounds miserable.

KathyA said...

The prep makes me sick, too. I think more people would 'enjoy' (and I use that term loosely) colonoscopies if it weren't for the prep.

happyone said...

Oh, how that brings back memories!!
I had one three years ago and I was so glad when I was told I didn't need another for 10 years!!
Hope your feeling better!

Cheryl said...

I'm so sorry the prep had you so sick! Were you able to complete it and have the scopes done? I hope so. I just got the notice in the mail that it's time form my colonoscopy. My doc likes to do them every 5 years. Darn does time fly. Please let me know how it went, if it went.

austere said...

My sympathies.
I hope this got over and done with...

LM said...

Hope you're feeling better. I used MoviePrep three years ago. It was miserable but better than the prep my girlfriend's doctor prescribed...if that's any consolation!

Savannah said...

That sounds brutal but tell me...exactly how much did you take photos of? I think I'm glad you ran out of time to be visual.

I hope they managed to do it after going through all that.